Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 10 June 2021

GI alert!

I nearly ran off with a GI yesterday! Seriously, they were a handsome lot. Salts Mill was overrun with them, with their trucks and jeeps. I gather they are filming again. This time it is for 'The Railway Children Return', which is either a remake or a sequel (reports not clear) to the beloved 1970s classic. (See HERE). The original was filmed in this area, mainly around the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway. It seems some of the stars of that - Jenny Agutter among them - are to reappear in this latest movie, along with well-known names such as Sheridan Smith and Tom Courtenay. 

Oh, it's fun living in Saltaire, I tell you! 






 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jenny, what fun! I thought I'd stepped back in time here. How exciting and as you so rightly observed tres handsome the young soldiers are 😉 Super series of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to call the American Military Police "Snowdrops" you can see why! I am so glad Tom Courtenay is still filming. He comes from Hull and has always remained true to his Yorkshire roots. His accent is 100% genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they would be Brit soldiers, but then the flag surprised me. How cool they all look, and I'm glad you got them to smile for you! And only two seem to be checking their phones! Take one home for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful fun, Jenny! And you were able to get some great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your area is well suited to filming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how awesome! I usually know Jenny Agutter from "Call the midwife"

    ReplyDelete