Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 14 June 2021

Wild goose chase


The pesky Canada geese have produced even more offspring. It's not that I mind them, in themselves, but I'm unhappy that over the years, as the flock has expanded, they've driven away a lot of the ducks and swans that used to frequent the local canal and river. They make a huge mess of droppings everywhere too! Nevertheless I chased them along the side of the canal trying to get a picture where they weren't all bunched together. The little ones and dad were busy grazing and didn't take much notice of me but mum (I'm assuming) kept her beady eye on me the whole time. (How do you tell a male from a female goose? With difficulty... so I may well have got them wrong!)

 

4 comments:

  1. They really have multiplied here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how you tell male from female geese, which matters not a jot as long as the geese can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no clue which goose is female or male...and there are many couples around our lake. They are so unpopular with some folks, the hired a goose dog to chase them away. I think that may have stopped...or maybe he only comes by once a day. I'm not there every day any more, since I can also walk at the community garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has to do with the shape of their tail feathers. That's how to know which is which.

    ReplyDelete