Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Daffodils


The daffodils seem to have been particularly amazing this year and there was a lovely display in front of the almshouses in Alexandra Square. These are a particularly attractive variety, with darker trumpets and banana yellow outer petals. Recent cold temperatures and high winds haven't done a lot to help our gardens but these seem to have survived reasonably well. I love the haze of new leaves on the willow tree too - such a vivid green. The tree has had a haircut, judging by the straightness of its lower fringe. I need one as well! My last cut was way back last September. Just over a week to wait until my appointment, all being well.  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of curves repeating from tree to blossoms to the hill itself. Yes, hair cuts are simply wonderful to now consider...got my first one in *-* months and feel much lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the flowers will last longer with the cool temperatures.
    Our hairdressers are still closed - since November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I miss seeing daffodils in person. I don't get back up north until early May, and they will be gone by then.

    ReplyDelete