Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 22 April 2021

Big skies


I live right in the valley bottom, surrounded by buildings and trees. It's fine but every now and then I realise how much I need and miss 'big skies'. The first time I ever visited Norfolk, with its flat fens and coast, it was the huge skies that excited me and made me feel suddenly so free. There, the sky goes 180° from your feet up over your head and back to your feet. In the valleys, you have to look up to see the sky. That's perhaps why I love the view from part way up the hillside near my home, looking down the valley through Shipley towards Leeds. So much more sky! On a day when there are some interesting clouds, it's even better. 

6 comments:

  1. That is how Florida strikes me...a lot of sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pic sure shows a big sky, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coal-burning homes and industry of sixty years ago have all gone for ever, thank goodness. I still have to pinch myself to believe: it really is all so clean now. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo. The clouds' vanishing point makes the sky feel even bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. I now live in a house with many tall trees around...well, tall for Texas. And once long ago I lived in a beautiful little town in NY, but it was so cosy. Lovely, but cosy.Had to drive a mile to see more than a mile. I was relieved when I moved back to TX, short trees and big skies. (Though I still live here, but in town where the trees are tall...they are lovely though. Well, you can't have everything!! Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete