Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 18 April 2021

Goose step

Another monthly theme for my online camera club - 'From a low viewpoint'. I know from past experience that the local geese don't like my big camera and will quickly walk (or swim) away. But they don't seem to mind my phone, oddly. Perhaps they're more used to seeing phones. Anyway, I managed to get a couple of shots of this Greylag before s/he decided I wasn't going to provide food so I wasn't very interesting. The phone is useful for low-angled shots, as the lens is so close to the edge of the phone. You can get even lower to the ground than with a camera lens. The only problem is getting back up again! 

 

9 comments:

  1. Mind you don't get attacked by an angry goose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good phone photo...I haven't had my camera out in over a year...will need to see if it still works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful capture of a very handsome bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is strutting her stuff! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspect that some (many?) of those geese are familiar with hunters with guns, and the big lens might resemble a weapon and cause them to flee. A phone would appear far less intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just wondering how easily you can get up. Phones take great shots these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks as if she is feeling rather superior.

    ReplyDelete