Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 16 April 2021

Ilkley afternoon

Ilkley's famous Cow and Calf Rocks provided the backdrop for a lovely afternoon in the sunshine with my family. It's a great place for scrambling and climbing and my grandgirls are pretty fearless these days. 

I'm not sure what they were doing in this photo below... something attracted their inquisitive eyes. I love the picture because it shows how well they get on together as sisters. Their imaginations are vivid and at one point they were pretending to be wolves, prowling the moors! 

It's rare I get 'big camera' photos of them these days, but they did consent to pose against the sweeping view across the valley. With this awful pandemic, I've seen very little of them this year and I feel I've missed huge chunks of their lives - they really are growing up fast. So it was great fun to spend some time with them. Two very decent young humans. I love them to bits. 

6 comments:

  1. I remember a similar photo of my children focused on something together...that second shot is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good that you got to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. WE were also lucky to spend a few days with our grandsons. Like your girls they have grown so much since we last saw them 15 months ago. Your photos are lovely and it is good that they get on well. Our boys get on but not all the time. They are very noisy but so is their father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute girls. I have also missed my granddaughters, though in the past few months I saw them a couple of times when their parents needed some help when pre-school quarantines coincided with busy work obligations.

    ReplyDelete