Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 27 April 2021

After school fun

I had unexpectedly to drive over to Hebden Bridge one day. My daughter, arriving home after school with four children (her two girls and two of their friends) discovered she was locked out of her house. I have a spare key so I was called upon to rescue them, as they'd have had a long wait until dad got home! Thankfully it was a super afternoon, warm and sunny, so they were happily playing in the park by the time I got there. With four children, it was a bit like herding cats (!) but we ate fish and chips (from the paper - yum!) before returning home along the Rochdale Canal towpath. It all turned out to be rather fun. Sometimes the unexpected delivers a little gift. 



 

5 comments:

  1. Good story with a happy ending...for all involved, except perhaps the goose. Glad he didn't get fish and chips from the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful surprise treat for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a day. That goose seems more tolerable than they can sometimes be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I worked with children I found that fish and chips was an excellent way to gather them all in one place.

    ReplyDelete