Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 29 October 2023

Rooms with views


The windows at Salts Mill have varied and far-reaching views. The one above looks over to the tower of the Victoria Hall, whilst below is looking south-west towards St Paul's Church and Shipley (with allotment poly-tunnels in the foreground). The bottom image looks north, with the New Mill tower prominent and a view up to Hope Hill on Baildon Moor.  Perhaps they didn't have time to gaze out but I like to think that these views were enjoyed by generations of the mill workers who toiled here from 1853 to 1986 when the textile mill closed. 


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful views...another good way to frame a photo! I do hope the workers, as well as management, got to look out the windows if only in passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first picture. A view framed by a window with muntins is always special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look muntins up! At first I thought you'd mistaken the clouds for mountains... ! but now I know muntins is the name for the black leads down the glass. So thank you. I learn something every day.

      Delete