Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 24 October 2023

I name this boat....


A walk along the canal side is enlivened by the huge variety of boats and their often very creative names. Here are a few. What would you name your boat? 


You probably know that Valium (Diazepam) is the name of a drug that calms the nerves and reduces anxiety. I guess, for some folk, boats may have a similar effect.  It certainly worked for this cat...



5 comments:

  1. Oh how fun, to think of a cat living on a boat. Nope, no idea here for naming my boat. I got as far as thinking of Barbara's boat, and went, nah, not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the early years of our marriage, John and I had a sailboat that I named Dawn Treader (from the Narnia books.) Later he had Heron and then Slainte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I must be partial to that dear cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A school friend of mine had a canoe named "Slopalong Placidly"!

    ReplyDelete