Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 6 October 2023

Oblivious


It's a while since I went into Salts Mill and took any photos. Like the couple above, immersed in their own world, I can become oblivious to what's there. I try not to take it for granted. (People travel great distances to explore and enjoy the Mill and Saltaire.) After all, it really is a privilege to be surrounded by wonderful books, art materials and the hundreds of works of art by David Hockney displayed all over its walls.  


David Hockney is a Bradford lad, possibly the best known living artist in the world and a great friend of the late Jonathan Silver, who rescued the mill when the textile works closed. The 1853 Gallery (shown in these photos) has a permanent collection of his work, with his other exhibitions - 'The Arrival of Spring' and 'A Year in Normandie' - on other floors.  


It's somewhere I feel very peaceful and 'at home' - and, as I say, I do feel privileged to have it all on my doorstep. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you do have a wonderful access to good art, and amazing old architecture. Thanks for sharing it, with a different view each time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured the beauty of the place, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete