Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 12 October 2023

Random things growing in odd places


Here are a few more photos from our outing to Leeds. I mentioned earlier that the Leeds-Liverpool Canal forms something of a greenway through the urban area. The photo above is a good example of how lush parts of it are. That view somehow reminded me of Boston's (USA) Public Garden, which is an oasis of green and water amidst the skyscrapers of the city. (Leeds, however, is not nearly as beautiful.) 


I was seeking out photographic subjects that could be linked - and 'random things growing in odd places' became something of a theme. 





I will no doubt go back another day to explore this area even further. There's plenty to see and I enjoyed wandering along the relatively peaceful towpath in the middle of the city, with traffic and trains and busy people all around the margins. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm often amazed at how nature colonises the most unlikely places. You found some great examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the more lovely for being unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each of these photos is a work of art! (I know I sound like a spammer) Well done...the use of backgrounds and reflections, different textures, just a big wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your theme and the shots are great!

    ReplyDelete