Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 7 October 2023

Bradford Grammar School art exhibition


There is an absolutely excellent art exhibition currently in the roof space in Salts Mills. It shows a large selection of work by students across the year groups at Bradford Grammar School. (Incidentally that is David Hockney's old school, so the art tradition clearly continues there). The work on display was interesting, innovative, original and executed to a very high standard. All of it was good and some of it was outstanding. I really enjoyed looking and will probably visit again before it closes (I think at the end of this month). 





Two pieces that particularly caught my eye were both sculptures. The one above by Khadija Desai was made of twisted books, painted and further embellished with a slice of painted oak. The one below, entitled 'Homeless' by (I think) Lara Speight, was powerful in the way it had caught the pose of both man and dog. There was a lot to see and take in, and I am sure I missed some gems in my first look around. I will return. Local peeps - I recommend it. 

5 comments:

  1. Kids are amazing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art has clearly moved on since I was at school, both in the resources available to students and the outcomes of their endeavours. Makes me wonder how on earth I managed to get a good grade at A Level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s so heartening to see that the creativity hasn’t been sucked out of some youngsters! ‘Homeless’ is an incredible piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That work is amazing for school kids.

    ReplyDelete