Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 11 October 2023

Inspired by Monet?


Waterlilies on the Leeds-Liverpool Canal in the centre of Leeds are not, I'm sure, as romantic as those in Monet's garden. Still, I was surprised to see how many there were. It's not something I'd really associate with an inner-city environment. I couldn't resist taking a few photos and, as with the mooring rings, making a little collage project out of them. 

'In a marshland amongst the crocodiles, there float beautiful water lilies! Even in the Hell, one can find the good and the beauty.' Mehmet Murat Ildan

Haha, well 'Hell' is a bit strong to tarnish Leeds with and I didn't spot any crocodiles but, even so, the lilies were unexpected. 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Good to see that the canal waters are now pure enough to support water-lilies, I'm sure that was not always so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you captured flowers blooming on the water lilies...at this time of year seems strange to me. But all blooming things seem different these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something magical about water lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One would think it is too cold for them there.

    ReplyDelete