Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 5 October 2023

Playing again


Since I retired I have not walked this way home along the towpath nearly as frequently as I used to. It's still a lovely walk and I feel fortunate to have chances to enjoy its beauty, and the grandeur of these Victorian mills: Salts Mill on the left of the Leeds-Liverpool Canal and the New Mill on the right. Despite it being school closing time, the towpath was relatively quiet. I noticed all the greenery on the canalside that was drastically cut back a while ago has regrown. I like the way it looks but it probably plays havoc with the buildings. 

It's a long time too since I 'played' with a photo and the processing apps on my iPad. This scene (originally taken on my phone) has been tinkered around with, using the overlays in an app called Distressed FX. Sometimes the added overlays look a bit much to my eye but in this case I think the textures do add quite a rich and pleasing quality to the image. 

5 comments:

  1. The effect gives a new feel to a familiar scene - I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a gorgeous effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. Makes it look more like a painting. Maybe the green grass is over-saturated? But the other effects are lovely. Corot. Or Constable, no, he was a bit wilder with his skies. But I DO like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely rendition of a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete