Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 30 October 2023

Obligatory autumn shots


We're having such dull, wet weather that it's hardly been fit to go out. Sunday, however, was at least dry so I put my boots on and took a short local walk. The autumn colour has finally got going, so here are a few obligatory autumn shots. I wouldn't have said it's a stellar year for colour, at least not yet, but there are some good yellows and a few oranges and reds. I think I mostly take the same views every year! But I suppose it's never quite the same. 

Crossing the railway bridge affords the first glimpse of the church tower in the trees. Then Victoria Road dips down, past Salts Mill on the right, towards the park. 


Another view of the church... 


and a better view of the church, though the autumn glory has been reduced somewhat by the loss of a large tree at the church end of the drive. 



Gracefully arching trees over the canal give an attractive tunnel effect to the stretch behind the church. 
Further on, leaning over the aqueduct (where the Leeds-Liverpool Canal crosses the River Aire) gives a good view of the trees on the riverbank below, just beginning to lose their green tint. 

3 comments:

  1. It has been an odd year for colour change here too. I wonder if it is connected to climate change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't look obligatory (which I always think of as unexciting) but lovely.

    ReplyDelete