Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 8 October 2023

Leeds bright


I met up with friends from my camera club in Leeds and we had a mooch around the area behind the rail station and along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal where it terminates in the city. Somewhere at the back of the station there is this wall of colourful artwork. You really need people on photos like this, to make them original rather than just photos of someone else's work. There were few people about in this area though and I didn't want to lose my group by hanging around too long. 

The mural is called 'Here We Go Now' by an artist who calls herself Hixxy (Josephine Hicks). The whole thing is 50m long and can be seen in its entirety HERE. I thought it was really rather good and energising. 



Not far away, I came across this metal utility box that had been livened up with an explosion of colour. 

Leeds these days is quite bright! 

3 comments: