Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 29 July 2023

Going, going, gone


It can be a bit disconcerting when I'm standing doing chores at the kitchen sink, to find creatures staring at me. There is a large spider that likes to weave its web right across my window (thankfully outside!) and then sit there, regarding me with a baleful glare. There's a (sweet) dog in the house opposite, very like my daughter's cockapoo though I don't know if it is that breed. It sits on their doorstep and fixes me with an unwavering, though adoring (or possibly hopeful), stare. Walk? Treat? Then there are these two house-cats next door opposite. I'm not sure what breed they are (Sphynx?) but sometimes when it's colder they wear little knitted sweaters. Very cute. They sit like a pair of bookends on the upper windowsill, staring me down. Who is going to blink first? On this occasion they were both there, and then one disappeared and then the other went too, leaving just the potted plant. It amused me.

5 comments:

  1. Great series. Those animals should not be in the cat family, as I find them so distasteful. I like fur. Bare skin on a cat looks sick to my eye. But at this distance, it's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that they were figurines at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very lucky in your neighbors. So glad I stopped by to meet them. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete