Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 21 December 2022

Advent windows #3


Saltaire Living Advent Calendar 2022

Taking a shape cue from the lovely arched window in this house on Dove Street, there are colourful toadstools and gnomes in a stained glass window effect.  I think this is my favourite so far: bold, bright and graphic. 


People get inspiration from all sorts of things. Jyothi, who designed the window above, was prompted to pay a tribute to her grandmother's mulled wine recipe, which includes 'a healthy glug of brandy as well as all the classic red wine, fruit and spices'. To be honest, I'd have welcomed a warming glass of that as I stood outside in the cold, fumbling with frozen fingers trying not to drop my phone!

The rather zany picture below shows a pheasant wrapping Christmas presents. Hmmm. 


 

7 comments:

  1. I'm inclined to agree with you about the top window, though I also liked the very first one you showed us. "Pheasant wrapping presents" seems random enough to be one of those what3words location finders. Sometimes they can be oddly appropriate like a scout camp in Hoddesdon which can be hired by scout leaders for their troop - it's lease-cabin-beard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How really well done these are...almost like stained glass. Oh a glass of mulled wine would be really a good idea for these cold days. Happy Solstice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful windows
    Choosing a favorite is difficult as they all have a beauty of their own I like. I have to go with pheasants for the fun, and I like pheasants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thought it was stained glass in the windows ! Nice to "see" you again, we "old" bloggers disappear little by little ! Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have a hard time picking a favourite.

    ReplyDelete