Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 31 December 2022

Advent windows #6


Saltaire Living Advent Calendar 2022

The decorated windows in Saltaire Methodist Church contained a heartfelt plea for a better New Year for us all. The unbelievably tough (in so many ways) years of 2020, 2021 and 2022 are consigned to the fire. 
The second window heralds a clean sheet, a new year, with people coming together with light and hope. 

However the last few years have felt to you, if you're reading this I'm sure there is something to be grateful for. We emerge from the trials, hopefully stronger, certainly glad for those around us who have helped to keep us going, even in the smallest of ways. I'm grateful for all my friends, particularly those I've come to know through my blog. There are those who've commented (and you have no idea how much I value your comments, letting me know you are out there, often many miles away, and have a little bit of interest in my world here.) Those who rarely comment but just quietly enjoy 'tuning in' occasionally are also a gift. And there are all those whose beautiful photos and thoughtful writings have so enriched my days. In the mornings, when I wake up, I usually take a mug of tea back to my cosy bed and read your blogs. It's so interesting to see what's going on, all over the world; places and people that are at once so different and yet share so much in common. Thank you all. 

Wishing us all a much better 2023 - happier, healthier and much more peaceful. Thinking especially of those still struggling, with so much courage and dignity, in Ukraine, despite the inhuman bombardment from Russia. I'm praying for a peaceful end to that conflict this year. 


 

7 comments:

  1. Yes a good way to end 2020,21,and 22. A lovely post and thank you for enjoying our posts.Hoping that your prayers are answered for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets hope that 2023 goes well. (I hope Santa isn't expected to come down that chimney).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to burn away all the troubles. And to again turn our faces (intentions?) to peace on earth. May it be so, within and without.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best wishes are sent via this comment to you Jenny and your family for the best in 2023. Thank you for sharing your photos during the past year. While I may not comment on every post, I always enjoy seeing the world through your eyes and camera lens(es).

    If possible, could you share what equipment you use, although it is definitely the photographer and not the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I particularly like the second one. We need more light bearers.

    ReplyDelete