Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 15 December 2022

Christmas bandstand

Thanks to the volunteers in 'Friends of Roberts Park', who arrange numerous events throughout the year to encourage visitors and locals to enjoy our beautiful park. The other day there was a 'Christmas Bandstand' with various musicians taking turns to play Christmassy music. Mulled wine and crepes provided warming refreshment on what was a freezing cold day. 

Unfortunately I arrived late to the event, so I missed the choir that I most wanted to see! They were just finishing their last song as I got there, and then there was a bit of a hiatus whilst the next musicians set up their gear. They were enjoyable however, playing lively music that sounded (to my deaf ears, anyway) like it had an Irish folk base. Sir Titus Salt was seen to be jigging around merrily on his pet alpaca, 'Pepper'.

I think similar gatherings have probably been happening since our park's creation in Victorian times. I've chosen to use sepia-toning on these images to suggest that timeless continuity. 


Incidentally, my tardy arrival was because I was waiting for a technician who was to connect up my new 'smart' gas and electricity meters. He was behind schedule (as they often are!) He did come eventually, so now I have one of those display units in the kitchen that tells me how much energy I'm using from minute to minute - all the better to scare myself with! Sometimes I think it's better not to know. I wouldn't have chosen to have smart meters but I had no option as my electricity meter was effectively obsolete and had to be replaced.

3 comments:

  1. These shots have a timeless look about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photos...I do wonder what the color versions might have been.

    ReplyDelete