Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 4 January 2021

Dusk falls


I had a wander around Saltaire with one of my friends at dusk one evening. She was taking photos of some of the Advent windows, just before they were taken down. Having had my fill of that, I thought I'd take a few general 'night shots'. Salts Mill's windows were still lit and the security office by the gate always looks like a warm and cosy spot on a chilly evening. 

4 comments:

  1. This shot reminds me of the film "Room at the Top" from the sixties. Simone Signoret in her role as an attractive mature woman who lost her young ambitious lover to the daughter of the mill owner was very poignant. A Bradford writer, John Braine wrote the script. He perfectly caught the warm social atmosphere of that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful view that means you were standing above it all!

    ReplyDelete