Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Snow


It's been pretty cold and we've had a few flakes of snow here in the valley but it didn't really settle and didn't last long. Of course, higher up on the surrounding moorland any snow usually falls more heavily and stays longer. I have avoided driving over the moor road to see the family but I had something I needed to deliver to them, so I chose a day with no precipitation forecast and hoped for the best... The road had been gritted and was clear and what snow there had been was clearing, though on my return journey it started to sleet again. There are few places to park up there so I just pulled off for a second and took a random shot. It may be the last snow I see this winter... or then again, it may not.  Good thing I did the delivery too, as a new strict lockdown was suddenly announced last night for the whole of England, so I won’t be going anywhere for a while (again). 


7 comments:

  1. We sat together in the sultry heat of Malaya when a young Australian asked me, "What is snow like?" It was an interesting challenge to describe snow to one who had never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is one of my favorite winter weather events, but there has been a lack of it here in recent years. The accumulated snow we had in mid-December has been washed away by recent rains. Glad you made your trip to and from the Moors safely. The latest lockdown is unfortunate, but I am sure you may find some local photo opps, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More isolation doesn't bode well for creativity...but may help limit the spread of the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow photo sums up what the days here feel like in Vermont, USA, white sky and ground blending like the passing days. Still, there is beauty in Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will get through this dark January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is more snow than we have right now!

    ReplyDelete