Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 9 January 2021

Beckfoot Bridge (again)


Pre-lockdown, on a chilly but crisp, sunny day, I decided to amble round the Beckfoot Lane / Myrtle Park loop in Bingley again, as it is a favourite walk of mine. I wasn't going to take photos, as I have taken and posted the same walk before. Beckfoot packhorse bridge is such a pretty spot, however, and the warm light was quite nice so I ended up with another phone shot. I've rarely seen Harden Beck so lively and full. This is supposed to be a ford - but I wouldn't have risked taking a vehicle through there. I've seen people marooned there in much less water than that! 

4 comments:

  1. I agree, I wouldn't want to drive anything through all that water...lovely photo that captures bridge, and the position of the ford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recalling that one cubic meter weighs one ton I have the utmost respect for water. I am at present selling my parents' home in Sutton-in-the-Isle. It was built on the fen below the Great Ouse "Forty foot" dyke at Erith. I will be relieved to be shut of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't cross there either. it is quite pretty though.

    ReplyDelete