Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Frosty mornings

My inclination on cold winter mornings is to linger in my cosy bed with a cup of tea and a book. This retirement life allows for such glorious decadence and the pandemic restrictions mean, in some ways, there's little to get up for. When I do make the effort to go out early though, it usually proves worth it. A succession of icy, frosty mornings around the New Year transformed the usual local scenes into a soft wonderland of pastel hues and hazy light. 




 

4 comments:

  1. Oxo cube and two slices of bread in pocket, blouson flying open in the wind as I raced with my bike along the towpath to swing a bridge for "my" barge as it crunched through thin ice, the sulphuric wiff of Yorkshire coal smoke in my nostrils, these are the magic frosty mornings I remember so happily. Thank you for the photos, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great magical looking morning cold cold cold photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the term we use here is hoarfrost.

    ReplyDelete