Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 30 August 2024

Monopoly Leeds


I met my daughter and youngest grandie in Leeds at the end of the school holidays, to play 'Monopoly Leeds'. The city centre has been turned into a giant Monopoly board. Armed with a map, we explored various locations, solving puzzles and earning tokens, which could be entered into machines to win little prizes and stamps on your map. 



It was a lot of fun, though I have to say my granddaughter, who is almost ten, did far better on the puzzles than I did! We (I) did, however, walk over 13000 steps (according to my iPhone) so it was a fairly painless way to get some exercise. 



Afterwards we celebrated with coffee and ices at Haute Dolci, a café that serves only sweet creations. That in itself was an eye opener for me. The menu and ordering was via an app opened on your phone from a QR code on each table. All fine... so long as you have a smartphone and the nous to use it. I guess they have ways of serving the technologically challenged too. Happily, I could rely on my daughter to navigate all that! Once we got our ices, they were delicious. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like Fun Day Out for the three of you!
    Love the "Jail" picture, and I think it is a great idea to make people explore their (home) town in that playful way.
    There is a similar "Town Game" for my town, but it only exists on paper, there aren't any physical installations in the town centre itself. I bought it as a present for my sister a few years ago but we have yet to play it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like great fun. I remember taking a group of disabled and learning impaired children to the Millennium Dome for a day out. There were machines there which imitated investing on the Stock Exchange. Attracted by the flashing lights one of the young lads wanted to play. Within a few minutes he'd made several millions! Just think what your grand-daughter might do if you let her loose with your savings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend the day; I love the ‘In Jail’ photo! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun outing for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful play time for the three generations together! And to cap it off a delightful hot and cold treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds and looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete