Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 11 August 2024

Sunday meditation: Nowhere to hide


My project of matching pictures with Bible verses continues. I realised this recent photo, of a pheasant trying and failing to look like a poppy, quite aptly pairs with these familiar lines from Psalm 139:

'Where can I flee from your presence? 
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;  if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.'
Psalm 139: 7-10

4 comments:

  1. Not many guiding hands for the Pheasant, unfortunately - just a finger on the trigger or, if you're very lucky, one on the shutter button. Lets hope he's not so trusting when one of the former appears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo. He's doing a good job at trying to meld in with the poppies with his red eye surrounds.

    ReplyDelete