Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 14 August 2024

Not blasé

I'm certainly not blasé about living near to a World Heritage Site with an awesome, restored, Victorian mill full of priceless David Hockney prints and paintings, and beautiful Burmantofts pottery. Every time I go in, I see something I've not noticed before. This little vignette delighted me. The print is simply called 'Tall Tree', dated 1986 and labelled as a Hockney 'Home Made Print'. As for the pottery vase, it'd look super in my new flat! 😂  But I think they might miss it.

3 comments:

  1. Great setting, and too bad they didn't give credit to the potter who made the pretty blue vase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Victorian art pottery made by a Leeds company, Burmantofts (that mostly made sanitary ware and tiles). Famous and sought after.

      Delete