Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 10 August 2024

Victoria Gate, Leeds


Life is weighted heavily towards doing things at home rather than having trips out at the moment. I did, however, meet a friend in Leeds for a chat and catch-up. We were going to the art gallery... totally forgetting that galleries and museums tend to close on Mondays (even in the school holidays!) So we contented ourselves with a coffee in the city centre and a quick look around the shops. 

When John Lewis department store first opened in Leeds, the year I retired, I envisaged spending half my life there! It's a shop I like and it sells good quality clothing and homewares. Prior to that, their nearest stores had been in Sheffield or Manchester - a long way to travel. In fact, I rarely find I need to shop in Leeds nowadays, though there are some good shops. I buy some things online but sometimes it's good to see before you buy. In this instance I only wanted heavy duty picture hooks and it seemed silly to order something so minor to be delivered. Anyway, John Lewis had just what I wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment