Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 13 August 2024

Classic car, classic me!


Also spotted in Saltaire, this rather nice old Morris car, manufactured in 1947. 
My grandfather once had a similar one, though I've no idea whether it was a Morris. All cars seemed to be big and black in those days! I have a photo of me 'helping' my father to clean it. I only look between one and two years old so that was about 1953/54. 


5 comments:

  1. Very like Uncle Henry's car that he used to pay me to help him clean. He never came to visit without giving us something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shot of busy little you! A good thing for me to think about, how your antique cars look a bit different than ours! Big and black, yes, but just look for the steering wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet shot of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a classic beauty that car is! And what a great photo of you at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, like Barbara, I was thrown off by the wheel. Good of your father to let you help, though also he wouldn't have had to bend over so far if you could take care of the lower parts!

    ReplyDelete