Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 1 August 2022

Through the glass, HB style


Not so long ago I posted some photos of Saltaire, taken through the windows of Salts Mill. When I was in Hebden Bridge a while ago, enjoying their Open Studios trail, I was equally enthralled by the views over the town from Linden Mill. These northern towns are not conventionally beautiful but their honeyed stone, slate roofs, old chimney pots, cobbled streets and the soaring hills around them have a gritty majesty that I have come to love. 
(Again, don't confuse this town of Hebden Bridge in Calderdale with the village of Hebden near Burnsall in Wharfedale, that I showed a couple of days ago. They're completely different.) 


 

4 comments:

  1. Nice views all...and I will try to keep the Hebdens straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hebden Bridge was in a show on TV here yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking carefully one can see where continuous rain is slowly cleaning away the smog grime of a bygone century from the roof slates of the workers' terraced houses. What? Rain in Yorkshire? In God's own county? Well, I never!!

    ReplyDelete