Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 22 August 2022

Honey...


Honey, I shrunk the boat! It's rare that you see a boat on the canal quite as mini as this one. I couldn't tell if it was used as living accommodation or simply as a day boat, although it is privately owned. You'd have to be super-organised inside but it looks - to me - a lot more manageable than the usual narrowboats, which can be anything up to 72 feet long (although the locks on the Leeds-Liverpool Canal will only hold a boat up to 62 feet long). I like its bright colours, though it was a bit on the tatty side compared to some. This is the bow end you're looking at, rather more bathtub than bow shaped, perhaps! I enjoy seeing all the amazing variations of craft on the water; it makes my walks very interesting. 

5 comments:

  1. That is adorable!!! Looks like the main character of a children's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, it does! It was called "Pipit", which would be a good title, I guess.

      Delete
  2. It would be fun to see the interior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little boat...and these days that might even be considered an option to tiny house living. It sure is tiny!

    ReplyDelete