Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 26 August 2022

Talking sculptures

Sleights holiday 4

Also dotted around the Danby Lodge estate were some 'talking sculptures', the idea being that you pressed a button on a box to hear some of the stories linked to the area. I must confess I forgot to note the identity of the rather kind looking chap (and I didn't press the buttons to hear the stories as, being deaf, such activities aren't much use to me!) 

In the gardens around Danby Lodge centre, I found Lady Downe, the lady of the manor (rather piercing eyes!):

and a gamekeeper, his hunting gun over his arm. 


4 comments:

  1. An innovative way to pass on information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lady Dunn looks scary with those eyes! Sculptor should have done a better job, she might not have been that fearsome at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they have interesting stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete