Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 6 August 2022

Midsummer dream


High summer 2022 and it's sometimes been overly warm and far too dry. The grassland is parched and yellowing (though not nearly as arid as further south). The foliage has, by and large, adopted that dull, dusty green that isn't especially appealing in photographs  - and, indeed, turns some photographers off completely, so that they don't even venture out with a camera at this time of year. The hedgerows are full of seedheads, parachuting around in the breeze. (Bizarrely, it has often been quite windy. Walking around in it is like being blasted by a hairdryer on its warm setting.) We've had some interesting skies though. Personally, I do like a bit of blue and white fluffiness. I still find beauty in a scene like this. It's my two favourite trees, from a wider angle of view than I sometimes take. You can just about see the cows grazing under the farthest one.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I've started a new, more personal and a little more creative (hopefully) blog, just for fun and to stretch myself in a different way. I shall only post occasionally and it won't accept comments, but you're welcome to view it. It's HERE

4 comments: