Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 7 August 2022

Miscellany to make you smile

Sometimes I accumulate random snaps that don't really fit anywhere but, for one reason or another, quite appeal to me. Here are a few for your amusement. Scream if ya wanna go faster... 

I would have been screaming if I'd been in one of these huge plastic balls, rolling around an empty pool. Some people seem to think it's fun. 

I love old fashioned carousels, with the horses that go up and down - but the only horse on this one was right at the top. The children's roundabout ride consisted of various 'modes of transport' (trucks, buses, fire engines, motorcycles etc) but not horses. 

'All the fun of the fair' included ample ways to rot your teeth. It seemed counter-intuitive to have sugar snacks disguised as toothbrushes and false teeth. The sight did remind me, however, of a friend's young daughter who, when asked why she'd missed out her grandparents from her recited bedtime prayers, declared that she didn't want anyone with false teeth in her prayers! 

That's one way to make a fruit smoothie - keep pedalling hard! 

After all that effort, you might need something stronger than a smoothie, but be quick!  


Place names in England are varied and can be quite amusing. The sign below was, I think, the name of a house rather than a hamlet. There is a hamlet near Hebden Bridge called Slack Bottom - and another place called Southward Bottom... which sounds perhaps like a progression? After the middle-aged spread, I suppose you eventually get to Gravesend. 


No, I don't know why there's a sheep and a unicycle on a roof. 

And finally, a random joke I spotted hanging on someone's front door: 'We watched two DVDs back to back last night; luckily I was the one facing the TV.'  And no, I don't know why people hang jokes on their front doors either. 

4 comments:

  1. There is so much humor all around, so thanks Jenny for sharing some of your observations. Also, I have never seen anyone display a joke on the door. Wonder what IS up with a sheep and unicycle on the roof?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of laughs out loud this morning...thanks, I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a joke on a door. Love the sheep on the roof.

    ReplyDelete