Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 31 July 2022

Down by the river


The walk along the river from Burnsall towards Hebden suspension bridge is famously scenic. I was attracted to this view, enhanced by the blue-grey storm clouds.  The river level being so low meant there was quite a lot of algae in the water, which in some ways doesn't improve the scene - and yet, as I looked, it seemed to me to add a certain painterly quality. That impression was strengthened as I moved to the river's edge. The composition below has a Japanese feel to me, for some reason! I've worked on it to add a bit more soft painterliness. 

4 comments:

  1. What a great composition! That scene did beg for some good techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! That blue-grey is such a perfect backdrop fr yelloe-green.

    ReplyDelete