Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 5 July 2022

Rain stopped play


Saltaire's cricket pitch in Roberts Park is possibly one of the most attractive settings for a sports ground in the UK, especially when the pink roses are in full bloom on the park's main promenade. There were dramatic storm clouds building up and, shortly after I took the photo below, the heavens opened. The sudden burst of torrential rain would surely have had the players dashing for the pavilion. It certainly had me racing home!   

5 comments:

  1. It always amuses me how cricketers always play on with undiminished intensity right up until the rain begins, even when it's clear that the game will not be concluded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cricket is a mystery to me. I wish I could have seen a small match when I was in England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a granddaughter who plays Lacrosse... another game that's new to me. I hope someday to see a game and learn some of the rules. But no matter how many shows on TV have cricket as background for the plots, I admit it leaves me wondering how the devil it makes sense to all of your countrymen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly looks like a beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second shot is quite dramatic.

    The only cricket pitch I know of here is on the grounds of the Governor General's residence.

    ReplyDelete