Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 16 July 2022

Bridges, lone trees ...

Swaledale mini break 7

Here are a few random shots taken around Swaledale. The rather elegant bridge (above) is called Ivelet Bridge, a narrow 17th century structure. Its single span over the Swale is undoubtedly beautiful, though morning light, rather than the later afternoon sunshine when I was there, would have shown it off better - and I really needed a pair of wellies to wade out midstream to photograph it properly. For some much better images by a local photographer, see HERE

By contrast, the little packhorse bridge (below) over a stream was so discreet that I almost didn't notice it. No idea how old that is. 


For some reason it always seems enticing to spot and photograph 'lone trees' and I found a few. Standing on their own means you can really appreciate their shape and structure. 



I though this one (above) looked like it was vaping! Or perhaps it's the biblical burning bush... 

And of course, more field barns - the one below seemed rather under the weather! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that bridge! And I too am fascinated by lone trees. Yours are gorgeous. I love the zig-zags of stone walls--amazing photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shot of the bridge and of course the barns.

    ReplyDelete