Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 30 June 2022

Platinum birthday!

Having just celebrated the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, her 70 years as our monarch, there is no denying my own link to that, since I was born in the same year that she acceded to the throne. My goodness me! I mainly tried to forget about that coincidence but on my birthday in mid-June, the weather was so lovely that we decided to repeat the walk we did last year, through the wild flower meadows above Hebden Bridge and then down though the woods. It's so very beautiful. 


The grandgirls were on top form, racing about and making up stories. I don't actually know what this manhole cover relates to but they swear that underneath it there's a pub! 'We can hear someone pouring drinks!'  The power of imagination...  


For the sake of a complete record of the day, I have to include this, since they gave me my very own crown! It's metal, studded with 'jewels' and actually really heavy. (I can't imagine what the real Imperial State Crown feels like!)  Forgive the selfie, which makes my nose look rather more 'imperial' than it is!  

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you! (I was surprised my family didn't think that jubilee was worth a thing, they wanted to see if I made it to the next 00!) I agree selfies do end up giving us proboscis enhancement! But you look great as a queen of...what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shots in the meadow are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking quite queenly, regardless. I remember 1953, because I was 8 and was very excited about the new queen of England, even though I was a Texan. One of my best friends got to go! Her mother had married a USA soldier, and funds were found for her to return for the coronation celebration, and my friend got to go too. I was so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Jenny Freckles sitting on the Scone of Stone?

    ReplyDelete