Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 9 June 2022

Along the canal

A different canal from my usual Leeds-Liverpool haunts, this is the Rochdale Canal through Hebden Bridge. It is just as interesting and colourful; there's always something to see by water. 

There are plenty of geese here too, though these were white domestic geese rather than the Canadas and greylags I'm used to seeing locally. 

Striking a similar pose, but not something I'm used to seeing... a flamingo! 


 

4 comments:

  1. That goose is quite the show off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My choice is the flamingo, who seems to have an attitude! I'd love to see those canal boats...they are decorated so nicely. Plus I would like to see them in action, somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fear much neglected wreckage is gradually arriving on "The Cut".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flamingo and the canal boats.

    ReplyDelete