Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 16 June 2022

New territory

Northumberland break 2

Although in the past I've spent quite a lot of time in Northumberland (I had family living there when I was in my teens and twenties), there are lots of beautiful areas to explore and it still feels refreshingly new to me. It's very different (towards the coast, at least) from my usual hills-and-valleys scenery in Yorkshire. 

The combination of the fields of bright yellow oilseed rape against the moody blue-grey rain clouds attracted me. (I'll forgive the rape for making me sneeze!) 

I found some wonderful poppies too, with such convoluted stems. By that stage it was drizzling, so that somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for spending ages trying to find 'the best' shot of them! 


I was staying just south of Alnwick. Despite the earlier rain, when I arrived at my accommodation on the first evening I was treated to a beautiful sunset. In fact, if I'd known it would be so lovely, I might have driven down to the coast for a more scenic foreground. Alas, it was the first and last colourful sunset of my stay! 

6 comments:

  1. Your sunset shot is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yekkow against the stormy skies. And the poppy! So graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poppies have a special charm about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you were able to capture a sunset, but too bad it wasn't a repeat sight as it was beautiful. The rape and red poppies make very colorful photo subjects despite the rainy weather and sneezes.

    ReplyDelete