Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 1 January 2022

Looking back on 2021


What do they say? 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.' (Charles Dickens, I believe.) Actually, I don't think 2021 ended up being nearly as horrendous as 2020. I got my vaccinations and most of us did manage to get out and about rather more, despite the ups and downs of the Covid pandemic. I didn't make a calendar this Christmas but I thought nevertheless I'd have a trawl through the archives and choose some pictures that sum up the last year. These are not necessarily my 'best' photos, just ones that for me bring back a memory. 

In January we had some snow, enough to make things pretty, though it didn't last long. 

In February, I found snowdrops in a churchyard, whilst reflecting on the loss of a dear friend early in the year. 


In March, I found some nice light in Saltaire, to create an iconic shot of Albert Terrace. 


In April, I  enjoyed the blossom and blue skies of early spring - and an unexpected but joyful meeting with my family when I had to rescue them from being accidentally locked out of their house! 



In May, bluebells were abundant in Hirst Woods and the Saltaire Arts Trail came back, after a Covid-induced break in 2020. 



In June, I was transported to a happy place in Salts Mill's roof space, enjoying an exhibition 'Felt' - and an even happier place on my birthday, in a wild flower meadow with my grandgirls, an idyllic day. 



In July, I enjoyed a short holiday - a short, very hot, holiday! Too hot, in fact, to do much, other than eat ice cream on beaches - this one being Staithes. In July also, I met up with a few of my camera club friends for some outings, a delight after only seeing them on Zoom for so long. The photo is at Ribblehead. 



In August I found wonderful light in the peace of Harewood's church - and a thrill in the form of The Flying Scotsman thundering through Saltaire. 


In August too, I was transported by the beauty and grace of dance: Stravinsky's 'The Rite of Spring' reimagined in Indian classical dance. 



In September I did some lovely long walks, along the tranquil River Wharfe; with more in October, up on the wuthering Haworth moors at Top Withens. 

In October, I also sought out a dose of culture at The Hepworth in Wakefield:



November included some lovely woodland walks - and then it snowed again, briefly. 


In December, I found a white rabbit by the Strid at Bolton Abbey - and a lovely sunset in Saltaire.


I wonder what 2022 will bring? 

4 comments:

  1. Happy 22 to you! I loved seeing this summation from 21!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You n=make 2021 look like it was wonderful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely wish ALL residents of the UK a successful and happy 2022.

    ReplyDelete