Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 15 January 2022

A barefoot sunrise


I sometimes wonder how I ever managed to get myself to work on time for all those years... Certainly, in retirement, I have adopted a habit of going to bed quite late and consequently waking up quite late too. It's a pity really because, as a photographer, I could well benefit from getting out early occasionally to capture the sunrise - but that rarely happens. There was one morning recently when I had opened my curtains a crack as I got up and dressed. Glancing out as I put my socks on (!) I had to grab my phone to take this glorious sunrise sky, with the tracery of trees adding another layer to the scene. So this is a one-sock shot, a barefoot sunrise. 

6 comments:

  1. I fine bit of sock-umentary photography. I seem to be going in the opposite direction since retiring - getting up and going to bed earlier and earlier. So far no more healthy, wealthy or wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea if one sock captures are the best, or just a moment that allowed you to share what you saw. I also have no idea what my feet were clad in or not when I did much the same the other day, opened the blinds and pushed the camera through for the morning glow, which was, I admit, a bit puny compared to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely see the sunrise either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have sunrises to photograph! Here in North Germany now we have continuous grey cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I wonder too how I was able to get myself to work in the morning all those years. I've never stayed up late; still don't, so I can usually see the sunrise, but do I get going and moving??? No....lots of coffee and breakfast and dawdling. Glad as a night owl you got this even with one cold foot.

    ReplyDelete