Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Fun and frolics


The school summer holidays seemed to go in a flash and my family made the most of them with a few weeks away. I did, however, enjoy a couple of days out with the girls before they started the new school term. They seem to have grown up so much during the last two years. With lockdown, I haven't seen them quite as much as I normally would, though I'm lucky that they are not far away.  

We had a trip to a small local zoo; no big animals but there were reptiles and lemurs, wallabies and alpacas and some rather cute otters. The girls enjoyed it and also happily explored the large and well-equipped adventure playground. 

Then I took my eldest granddaughter climbing, to a local rock-climbing gym, Clip'n Climb. She'll soon be ten and I was impressed at how fearless (and yet quite sensible) she was. Climbers are securely roped so they can't fall, but the pitches are still a good test of co-ordination, strength and grip. Despite being a beginner, she was soon racing up the easier climbs, delighting in hitting the bell at the top. She thoroughly enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching her learning, testing herself and growing in confidence. 



 

5 comments:

  1. What fun for a kid and Grandma.They sure have grown up quickly. Your eldest is the same age as our youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my basic military training.We had to climb through a square at the top.
    You have such lovely grandchildren. You can be proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half Dome at Yosemite for her someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun things, and kids don't know their own limitations, so a safety cord is good to see. We climbed trees!

    ReplyDelete