Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 3 July 2024

Yorkshire Lavender


Second stop of our mini-break was the Yorkshire Lavender farm at Terrington, its elevated position giving lovely views over the Vale of York. 


It has pretty gardens with flowers and herbs, a café and a gift shop. Unfortunately the lavender was barely in flower. Apparently it peaks in early August. I was a bit surprised as the pot of lavender on my balcony is in full bloom, but it seems there are many varieties and most flower a bit later on. Those that were just coming into flower seemed to be Lavandula augustifolia (English Lavender), which is what my pot contains too. 




It seems to be a good year for lupins and these were a gorgeous colour. 


I liked the spiky fractals of this umbelliferous plant, which I think may be angelica. 


 

4 comments:

  1. Aha, you made it - I remember you commenting that you intended to visit some lavender fields when I published some photos a few years ago. Mine were taken in very early August; I'd guess that yours may be a little later than that, allowing for altitude and latitude. Now you have to plan a return journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lavender is so pretty, and what a delightful aroma! I have 2 potted plants, different kinds...still waiting for blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pot of lavender is in full bloom and the bees are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore lavender but have only one small pot of it. I think I would be tempted to roll in one of those long rows of it (if I could get back up, which I couldn't!)

    ReplyDelete