Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 29 July 2024

Before and after: bedroom


Another room more or less finished. I still need a couple of throw cushions to replace the old ones that don't really tone in, but there is no hurry and I shall know them when I see them. I'm particularly pleased with the way I've been able to update the existing wardrobes, which are good quality and spacious. New handles (see below), removing the upper cupboards (I hated looking up at wood, I felt like I was sleeping in a coffin!), remodelling the dresser to make it a bit smaller and changing the lighting have all 'modernised' the look, I hope. 

😂 I'm now on a quest to make the bed look layered and crisp like they style them in the home magazines but it's easier said than done. I can't figure out how you stop them looking all crumpled and creased after one night! 😂


This (below) is the wallpaper, which I love. I've never been so bold with colour and pattern before; always been a neutrals kinda girl. Unfortunately one of the two rolls of paper turned out to be a totally different shade from the other (both same batch no) and had to be replaced but, thankfully, I did eventually get a match. 


The large mirror on the wall has travelled with me through three different homes now, in different rooms. Here in the bedroom it gives that area the feel of a gym when I get my yoga mat unrolled, so it's spurring me on to do the stretches I need to do regularly to keep my back in good nick.

These are the handles (new at top, old at bottom) :



And this is the 'before', when I initially viewed the flat. (The black oval hides some personal stuff that had been left on the bed.)


Apologies for the 'house p*rn'. I'm just so delighted with the way it's all turning out. It's been such a privilege to be able, for the first time in my life, to get my home exactly how I want it in a very short time, instead of piecemeal over the years. At this stage in life, there's no point in waiting! 

6 comments:

  1. Very nice combination of the dark wallpaper with the light wood finishes. I love it! Yes, I carry a mirror from place to place too, it's so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serene beauty. And I love the wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job you did!! A huge improvement. And as for those beds in the mags....well, they are as you can guess just that way for the photo. Life happens....but then I'm a person who barely makes the bed every day. (Still, I won a $750 prize for a painting of my bedroom with an unmade bed, nobody in it, but the morning light coming in.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must get one of those "black ovals" for my house - just the thing for when visitors call!

    ReplyDelete