Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 7 May 2024

Spring bulbs


The two containers I planted with spring bulbs (narcissus and tulips) to grace my new apartment's balcony have been a lovely burst of colour. Their flowers have faded now, leaving the mess of leaves and stalks - at which point (not being 'a gardener') I never know quite what to do with them! 

They don't have that problem at RHS Harlow Carr and their planters were still a riot of bright colour. 



There were some Crown Imperials (Fritillaria imperialis) in one of the borders. Strange to my eyes, they remind me of birds - or hats! 


My photographer's eye (rather than perhaps a gardener's eye) enjoyed this lone and rather blowsy tulip, surrounded by interesting textures and shapes. 

3 comments:

  1. They are all so lovely, my favorite are the "hats"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those planters full of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A home gardener always has the same question after the blooms have gone, so you are not alone, Jenny. These planters were very colorful!

    ReplyDelete