Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 12 May 2024

Local lushness


I took these photos on my walk down from where I now live to Saltaire village. I love the view across the valley to Hope Hill and Baildon Moor. For a suburban area, there's a surprising amount of lush green to enjoy, looking across beyond the church tower to the trees of Roberts Park and Shipley Glen. 

Further down in the village, Hope Hill rises as a backdrop, no doubt enjoyed by all the generations of residents and workers since Sir Titus Salt built the mill and the village in the 1850s. 


I've often wondered if Hope Hill was named after the verse in Psalms, or for a more prosaic reason. 

'I lift up my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.' Psalm 121: 1

I found a helpful meditation on those words HERE

4 comments:

  1. You live in such a lovely area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lovely to have so many green trees to balance the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are surrounded by beauty. I love the words of that psalm and often think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scenery from the hill with the lush greenery and the old buildings. It looks a bit steep for walking.

    ReplyDelete