Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 24 May 2024

All about the trees


There were sheep aplenty on my Blubberhouses walk but, for me, it was all about the trees. There were some beautiful specimens, though I struggled to identify most of them. New spring leaves are rather different from how they look once they mature, when I might have some chance of recognising them. Never mind, it was sufficient just to drink in all the fresh green and the wonderful branch structures, still visible through the new foliage.  




Different species produce their leaves at different rates and, although there were a few obviously lifeless trunks, it was surprising how many collapsed and apparently dead trees still managed to sprout foliage along some of their limbs.   




4 comments:

  1. Trees are wonderful photo subjects and you well know, Jenny, and I also do not know the names of many, but taking a photo on an iPhone lets me know the ID later. You captured some wonderful trees, especially the multi-branched one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these tree portraits! The one with the dead tree in front of a live tree, probably the same age, is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never met a tree I did not like. Remember the old "hug a tree" popularity? I miss being able to tromp through the woods and feel so at one with nature now. Your photos are spectacular. Thank you from the base of the mini-mountain in Maine.

    ReplyDelete