Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 6 April 2024

Pets corner

I've mentioned before that the garden centre I visited with my family recently has a section where they sell tropical fish and small animals. My grandgirls enjoy visiting (as do I, I must confess). My younger granddaughter is a real softie when it comes to tiny furry things, both animate and inanimate. She always carries a little stuffie of some sort with her and so she loves all these little creatures. I've never coveted a guinea pig as a pet though I find their little faces quite appealing. 

Brian and Barney, the giant tortoises, were sunning themselves under their lamps and not wandering around the shop floor as they often do.



We used to keep tropical fish in a tank at one time. I still find it quite calming to watch them gliding noiselessly around. Those above are koi carp and goldfish and, I think, meant for garden ponds (if the herons don't eat them!) The rest are tropical fish for indoor tanks. Such a variety and such gorgeous colours. 




5 comments:

  1. I used to spend a lot of time in such places when I worked in the school - and enjoyed it too. My brother is into his tropical fish in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great little critters all! I wonder if the guinea pigs can be held, since they look like little tribbles (as in Star Trek). I used to love having tropical fish, and said they were for the cat's enjoyment. But really, I liked them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always had an aquarium when I was a kid and I loved watching the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a small aquarium once. Seemed to me that one fish would harass others of his ilk a lot of the time. And it looks that way in the big one in my dentist's office too where I am usually not particularly happy to be but was two days ago. They are beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how sharp and clear your photos are. Koi are favorites of mine and the guinea pigs are cute, my younger son had two that he named Axel and Rose. When an earthquake damaged the pet store in town we adopted the guinea pigs for him that survived the building collapse.

    ReplyDelete