Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 28 April 2024

Bluebells (again)


It's not yet 'peak bluebell' time in Hirst Woods; I'd say another ten days or so for them to fully mature. Nevertheless, that 'haze of blue' effect is underway and as pretty as always. 

It hardly seems credible that a whole year has gone by since I last photographed them. The passage of time really does start to speed up, the older I get! It also hardly seemed credible that I was wandering round wearing a thick coat and a woolly hat, as it's still so cold. I think that must be the first time I've ever photographed bluebells in my full winter wardrobe! 



4 comments:

  1. Lovely, and we're just as fascinated with the first spring flowers every spring, aren't we. Still wearing winter clothes here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found one of these that pops up each spring...however nothing like your woods with the haze effect. Wow, spring has arrived in spite of the cold there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! My few little patches of bluebells here in the Appalachian Mountains

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is like an ocean of flowers.

    ReplyDelete